[dgplug-users] [Fedora offline repo] @Ratnadeep Debnath
shakthimaan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:39:27 PDT 2009
@rtnrpo, @sherry151, @aunkit?
Here are some points on how I tested Fedora 11 offline repository:
* As suggested in #fedora-admin, I used the following to download the .rpms:
reposync --repoid=fedora --repoid=updates
* Installed vsftpd on the test laptop, and copied the fedora/,
updates/ directory directly into /var/ftp/pub. The directory structure
looks like this:
vsftpd default directory is /var/ftp/pub.
=== fedora-11-offline.repo file ===
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch offline
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - offline Updates
=== END ===
* Since I had other repos on the client, I disabled them through the
GUI (System->Administration->Software Sources).
* "yum clean all" will clean dbcache, metadeta. Subsequent 'yum
search' fetches from the above repo file copied to client.
* Since reposync only gets the .rpms, we have to generate the
repodata/ directory. In *.rpm directory in /fedora and /updates do:
which will create repodata/ directory with the following files in it:
* Also, the fedora-release RPM has all the GPG keys in it. So, on the
client, we have to:
1. Install the fedora-release RPM
2. Copy the fedora-11-offline.repo file
3. yum clean all;
And you can start using the offline repo.
More information about the Users