[dgplug-users] [Fedora offline repo] @Ratnadeep Debnath

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:39:27 PDT 2009

@rtnrpo, @sherry151, @aunkit?

Here are some points on how I tested Fedora 11 offline repository:

* As suggested in #fedora-admin, I used the following to download the .rpms:

  reposync --repoid=fedora --repoid=updates

* Installed vsftpd on the test laptop, and copied the fedora/,
updates/ directory directly into /var/ftp/pub. The directory structure
looks like this:

  /var/ftp/pub/fedora-11-offline/fedora
                                            /updates

vsftpd default directory is /var/ftp/pub.

=== fedora-11-offline.repo file ===

[fedora-offline]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch offline
baseurl=ftp://127.0.0.1/pub/fedora-11-offline/fedora/Packages/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-offline-updates]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - offline Updates
baseurl=ftp://127.0.0.1/pub/fedora-11-offline/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

=== END ===

* Since I had other repos on the client, I disabled them through the
GUI (System->Administration->Software Sources).

* "yum clean all" will clean dbcache, metadeta. Subsequent 'yum
search' fetches from the above repo file copied to client.

* Since reposync only gets the .rpms, we have to generate the
repodata/ directory. In *.rpm directory in /fedora and /updates do:

  createrepo .

which will create repodata/ directory with the following files in it:

-  filelists.xml.gz
-  other.xml.gz
-  primary.xml.gz

* Also, the fedora-release RPM has all the GPG keys in it. So, on the
client, we have to:
1. Install the fedora-release RPM
2. Copy the fedora-11-offline.repo file
3. yum clean all;

And you can start using the offline repo.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com