[dgplug-users] [Badam Halwa of Embedded Systems] @Abhishek Sharma

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 03:06:20 PDT 2009

Hi,

--- On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM, abhishek
sharma<emote2abhishek at gmail.com> wrote:
|  As for the next assignment, I might do a commit today evening regarding a
| small example demonstrating static libraries usage.
\--

Please don't, yet. Finish the endian part first, and then move to the next.

Ideally, we will use autotools, because, we cannot hard-code gcc in
the Makefile. If the applications are to be tested for a different
architecture, we willl need to give the /path/to/cross-compiler-gcc.

---
| As for the top-level makefile that you have demonstrated in that
| devicedriver thing (it is very clean),although I am unable to compile it on
| my system,
\--

Urgh! Don't blindly copy things and expect it to work. Understand what
you are doing. If in doubt, ask.

---
| (there are some errors
\--

Obviously. Those are meant for compiling device drivers only.

---
|  I still need to get a proper hang of makefiles. SO I was reading some
| concepts of makefile this weekend.
\--

For now, a basic introduction to Makefile (see tutorials online) is
good enough. When we do autotools with the sources, you will
understand better.

Try to focus only on the logic for endian test, and other examples to
follow now.

I will do the top-level Makefile and directory examples for now, and
will give a merge request to you. There is some SSH problem with
gitorious, which is preventing me from checking in code. Will do so
when it gets fixed and will let you know.

Ideally, we can have a -devel mailing list for dgplug, where all
project commits can auto-generate e-mail to the list.

You continue to top-post in a mailing list. You need to do trimmed,
inter-leaved, bottom-posting. Learn to follow the guidelines!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com