[dgplug-users] [Badam Halwa of Embedded Systems] @Abhishek Sharma

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 09:44:22 PDT 2009

Hi,

--- On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 4:31 PM, abhishek
sharma<emote2abhishek at gmail.com> wrote:
|  Please merge into the mainline repo if you find it alright, Do let
|  me know if there are any problems or errors..
\--

1. In gitorious.org, you have to send a 'merge request'.

2. Can you make your comments fit in 80x25, especially this one:
endianness/endian-test.c

/*The above line will print only the highest address byte allocated
for the integer (number) */

Also, what do you mean by 'highest' address byte? It should be
mentioned as LSB or MSB.

3. Can you put a LICENSE file in the top-level directory? It should
have the GPLv2 license in it. See any existing GPL project to see the
contents of the file.

4. Can you please rename the directory to 'static-library'. Please
avoid CamelCase naming style. Also, if you want to concatenate many
words in a filename, separate them with a hyphen (-).

5. Give a space after a comma (,) for readability. Also, on either
side of '=' operator in your .c files.

6. In your static-library example, you should have the steps to build
the static library. Right now, it doesn't exist. Write a .c file with
a function, buy_badam_halwa(), and just print the string "badam halwa"
in it. Make this .c file into a static library.

You need to write a test .c file to link to this static library. The
build for this test .c file should also be in the Makefile. Make clean
should remove the static library as well (this is not done as of now).

In future, for all examples, for semaphores, IPC, pipes, FIFOs, I
would like you to use the string 'badam halwa' in it. Write your code
in the context of using the string 'badam halwa'.

Please make these changes and make a new commit.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com