[dgplug-users] changes done

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:31:00 PDT 2009

Hi,

--- On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM, abhishek
sharma<emote2abhishek at gmail.com> wrote:
| Please check it out and let me so that I can
| move on further and do the shared library example
\--

Not yet, I am afraid.

1. There are '^L' characters in the LICENSE file. Please remove it.

2. You still have ~ backup files in your repository. Please clean them.

3. Which editor do you use for coding? Your lib.c looks like this:

=== lib.c ===

#include<stdio.h>

void buy_badam_halwa()
{
printf("Badam-Halwa served\n");

}

=== END ===

Remove the blank link after printf,  and use code indentation! Atleast
two spaces before printf.

Please read GNU coding style:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Coding_Standards

4. Why do you have comments in your Makefile?

If you don't include the top-level Makefile, how do you expect it to be built?

5. Instead of 'lib' in the Makefile you can use a variable for it? You
have already seen that we have used TARGET as a variable. You should
also abstract it for 'lib' and 'mystaticlib'.

When writing code, understand what you are doing and why you are doing
it. Just writing code, satisfying the requirements, and submitting is
not what we do here. Free Software is an art.

6. You also need to use a variable for 'ar' in the Makefile.

7. You forgot to change the top-level Makefile to use static-library.
Did you first build to see if it builds at all?

8. Before you send an e-mail, please double check all that has been
asked of you has been done, tested, and verified.

That is why in the i-want-2-do-project.tell-me-wat-2-do, on slide #74,
I said 'don't skip anything!'. Just submitting the work for the sake
of submitting is not appreciated. Attention to detail is important.

9. For the endian test, instead of 1, you could store a string like
'badamhalwa', and print the address and the value from the memory,
apart from printing little/big endian.

10. Use meaningful commits. What is this 'commit2', 'commit3',
'commit5'? I cannot make any sense of your commit messages. Use
meaningful commit messages in future.

Learning to write technically, and in detail is also very important
for an 'engineer'.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan