[dgplug-users] End of Summer Training 2009

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 11:27:58 PDT 2009

Hi,

--- On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Kushal Das<kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:
| Thanks to everyone for making this year's training a success.
\--

Some thoughts:

* I tried to move to a more project-mode this year compared to the
previous year, because I didn't want to re-invent the sessions that we
did last year, and wanted people to get the hands-on. I think we will
continue this modus operandi in future too.

* Communication has been stressed many a time, and needs some work,
IMO. I understand some of you have Internet connectivity problems,
but, we already knew that. Being prompt in replies, and updating
status (through any communication channel), irrespective of work done
or not, is very important. In future, we should consider sending
updates via SMS, if people have Internet connectivity problems. To me,
coding is only 10% of a persons' profile.

* This was the first time the 'di-git-ally-managing-love-letters'
presentation was put to test, and I was quite happy to see that people
started to use git right away. Yeah, some people had doubts, but, it
didn't turn out to be a show-stopper :)

Overall, a very quiet summer.

SK

--