[dgplug-users] "Interview fundue"

Vikas Prasad vikasprasad.prasad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 21:12:07 PDT 2015

Hey mbuf
Greetings.

I have a basic question regarding interviews. Please help me on this:

I have an existing offer from company C1 with salary S1. Now I have another
interview scheduled with company C2 which is offering salary S2.
Company C2 is mandatorily asking these information(apart from others) on
their application form:

   - Which company you currently work in or have offer from?
   - Current (Offered) CTC
   - What 'is' or 'was' your joining date?

Now given that C2 is a better fit for me, should I type 'None' in these
fields because of the fact that S1 < S2 and C2 is much better than C1. By
not revealing these information, there might be a chance that they do not
lower down S2.

Or should I fill in the details? As knowing that I have an existing offer,
they might have more inclination to make the offer?

I personally feel like typing the details because as a fresher learning is
my prime motive when compared to compensation. So even if they lower down
S2, I still would be working with C2 (where I want to work).

I am a fresher and I have no idea how these negotiations work. So I though
its better to discuss, before taking any action? Asking never hurts, after
all :)

Please shower your wisdom on the above situation.

Many many thanks.

Regards.