[dgplug-users] Need testimonials for summer training

Dhriti Shikhar dhriti.shikhar.rokz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:50:51 PDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-02-15 at 18:49 +0530, Kushal Das wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We will soon open up the call for summer training 2016. We want to
> publish a series of testimonials of our previous years' participants
> from
> the training. If you want to participate in that, please reply me off
> list (as a reply to this mail) with text, and one recent photo for
> the
> blog posts :)
>
> Things you may want to write in the post:
>
> * Your name (blog/twitter) and what do you do

Name: Dhriti Shikhar
IRC nick: dhritishikhar
Twitter: @DhritiShikhar
Blog: https://dhrish20.wordpress.com/
Github profile: https://github.com/DhritiShikhar/
Pagure profile: https://pagure.io/user/dhrish20

I am a final year Engineering student in Information Technology. I am a
regular contributor to FOSS and a regular participant of Pune Python
meetup.

> * How did you learn about the training?

I learnt about the dgplug training from Chandan Kumar.

> * How this training changed (if at all) your life?

The dgplug training was completely life changing and the best decision
I have ever made. I can't imagine a more rewarding way to spend my free
time. It helped me to learn the developer tools. I learnt how to use
IRC, git, vim, Python. And as a result of that I started contributing
to OpenStack and Fedora Infrastructure. I hope to continue learning
from dgplug.

> * Have you contributed to any upstream project(s)? If yes, then
> details.

I have contributed to:
- the documentation of various modules in OpenStack
- Fedora-Hubs
- Pagure
- FAS

> * Any tips for the next batch of participants.

DGPLUG is a great place to learn. If you want to contribute to Open
Source, attend the training attentively, follow the mentor and ask
questions. Show people your passion. Open Source contributions show
your willingness to learn. Make sure you blog regularly about new
technologies you learn.

> Feel free to add anything else you want to talk about.

I am really grateful to Kushal Das for inspiring and guiding me. Also,
to really learn and understand a new technology, you should try to
implement it. This learn-by-doing spirit is the most valuable thing you
will learn in this training.

> Kushal

Regards,
Dhriti Shikhar