[dgplug-users] Need testimonials for summer training

Trishna Guha trishnaguha17 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 10:38:33 PST 2016

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Kushal Das <mail at kushaldas.in> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We will soon open up the call for summer training 2016. We want to
> > publish a series of testimonials of our previous years' participants from
> > the training. If you want to participate in that, please reply me off
> > list (as a reply to this mail) with text, and one recent photo for the
> > blog posts :)
> >
> > Things you may want to write in the post:
> >
> > * Your name (blog/twitter) and what do you do
> > * How did you learn about the training?
> > * How this training changed (if at all) your life?
> > * Have you contributed to any upstream project(s)? If yes, then details.
> > * Any tips for the next batch of participants.
> >
> > Feel free to add anything else you want to talk about.
> >
> > Kushal
> > --
> > Fedora Cloud Engineer
> > CPython Core Developer
> > http://kushaldas.in

Hello all,

* I am Trishna Guha (trishnag), a 6th semester B.Tech student with Computer
Science and Engineering branch.
  Blog: https://trishnag.wordpress.com/
  Twitter: https://twitter.com/trishna_g <https://twitter.com/trishna_g>
* I have learned about the training from my brother Suman Guha
<https://twitter.com/sumanguha>.
* This training has changed my life entirely. I started the training as a
newbie. I took part in the training attentively and tried to learn and
implement what all have been taught in the summer training. After few
months I really could feel the change. I jotted down the skills those I
didn't used to have before the training and it felt so awesome. Finally
this training has turned me into an Open Source Contributor :). I am
learning a lot contributing to opensource.
* I have started contributing to upstream projects after the training. I
have contributed to Fedora-Cloud testing(Tunirtests
<https://github.com/kushaldas/tunirtests>) and various projects of
Fedora-Infra like bodhi <https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi>, pkgdb2
<https://github.com/fedora-infra/pkgdb2>, tahrir
<https://github.com/fedora-infra/tahrir>, python-fedora
<https://github.com/fedora-infra/python-fedora>.
* This is the place to learn everything from scratch if anyone wants to get
started with open source contributions and learn about various tools. So
don't miss the training because it is one of the steps to change your life
for the better.

Thank you DGPLUG.

--
Regards,