[dgplug-users] Need testimonials for summer training

Farhaan Bukhsh farhaan.bukhsh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 08:13:07 PST 2016

Hello Kushal,

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Kushal Das <mail at kushaldas.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We will soon open up the call for summer training 2016. We want to
> publish a series of testimonials of our previous years' participants from
> the training. If you want to participate in that, please reply me off
> list (as a reply to this mail) with text, and one recent photo for the
> blog posts :)
>
> Things you may want to write in the post:
>
> * Your name (blog/twitter) and what do you do

Farhaan Bukhsh
twitter: @fhackdroid
blogs:  farhaanbukhsh.wordpress.com
IRC: fhackdroid
Github: github.com/farhaanbukhsh

I am a 6th semester student in an engg. college in Bangalore.
I attend college during day  and contribute to fedora-infra rest of the
time.
I also intern for a company called Jnaapti.
<http://github.com/farhaanbukhsh>

> * How did you learn about the training?

I met Sayan during a Bangpyper meet up and I saw him wearing a dgplug
t-shirt,
I went home and googled about it, this is how I got to know about it. Apart
from that I was following
Vignesh and Bhibhas on twitter and this is how I got to know that training
was going to start and I enrolled in.

> * How this training changed (if at all) your life?

It has changed the way I think about technology, I made a lot of friends,
this training has given me
mentors which is required for personal and technical growth.Now I don't see
technologies as challenge
I see them as a tool to solve problem. Dgplug has given me the confidence
to be proud of who I am. Being a
Geek is generally not accepted but Dgplug is a place where I am accepted
for who I am. It has changed my life
by 360 degrees. I am really happy that I came to know about it.

> * Have you contributed to any upstream project(s)? If yes, then details

I contribute to pagure, recently I got into the author list of pagure.
I contribute to a lot of other fedora-infra projects like bodhi, nuancier
etc.
i have also been a contributor at Mozilla.
Fedora autocloud is one of the project that I have been writing test cases
for.
.
> * Any tips for the next batch of participants.

When going gets tough, tough gets going. Never give up, attend the training
and follow what your
mentor is telling you. Have faith , faith in yourself and faith in the
mentor. Have a mindset of giving back to the community.
Be passionate about the things you do, come with an open mind and ask as
many question as you want to.Be on the channel for as long as possible. May
the source be with you ,Luke.

> Feel free to add anything else you want to talk about.

Learn and Teach, this is what you should be taking back with you, spread
the same spirit in your place, hope
you have a good year

--
Farhaan Bukhsh