[dgplug-users] Need testimonials for summer training

Abhishek Gupta abhishekmodi2011 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:55:17 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 10:46 PM, Shrimadhav U K
<magicteacher95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016, 18:49 Kushal Das <mail at kushaldas.in> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We will soon open up the call for summer training 2016. We want to
>> publish a series of testimonials of our previous years' participants from
>> the training. If you want to participate in that, please reply me off
>> list (as a reply to this mail) with text, and one recent photo for the
>> blog posts :)
>>
>> Things you may want to write in the post:
>>
>> * Your name (blog/twitter) and what do you do
>>
> Name: Shrimadhav U K
> Blog (too lazy to migrate this blog): https://techgeek4shfl.blogspot.in/
> https://twitter.com/SpEcHiDe
> I am a sixth semester computer science and engineering student at national
> institute of technology, Calicut, Kerala, India.
>
>> * How did you learn about the training?
>>
> From <strike>a</strike> "the" social network post.
>
>> * How this training changed (if at all) your life?
>>
> I was not able to attend the session fully because of classes. But I really
> liked the session on mail and IRC etiquettes.
>
>> * Have you contributed to any upstream projectorg
>

> ? If yes, then details.
>>
> youtube-dl
>
>> * Any tips for the next batch of participants.
>>
> No, I am not a professional to fine tips. :(
>

>> Feel free to add anything else you want to talk about.
>>
>> Kushal
>> --
>> Fedora Cloud Engineer
>> CPython Core Developer
>> http://kushaldas.in
>

> Regards
> Shrimadhav U K
>

>> --
>
> Shrimadhav U K
> https://github.com/SpEcHiDe

Hi
I am Abhishek(abhishekg5 on IRC). I am a computer science engineering
student(2nd year).
I came to know about this training while surfing the web. Yes it
changed a lot of things. It helped learning a lot of new tools, new
projects and actually contributing to open source.
It's only because of dgplug I contributed to Fedora
https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit

Tips for future aspirants: When it starts you may think for a few days
that this is very simple stuff(Especially if you already know a bit of
Linux), you can learn it by yourself. But after a few days will come a
phase where you'll learn a lot of cool stuff, advanced stuff. So be
patient and MOST importantly, Be consistent. Everyday you learn
something new. And mentors are awesome ;)