[dgplug-users] Need testimonials for summer training

Arpita Roy arpitarockx6 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 10:40:04 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Kushal Das <mail at kushaldas.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We will soon open up the call for summer training 2016. We want to
> publish a series of testimonials of our previous years' participants from
> the training. If you want to participate in that, please reply me off
> list (as a reply to this mail) with text, and one recent photo for the
> blog posts :)
>
> Things you may want to write in the post:
>
> * Your name (blog/twitter) and what do you do
> * How did you learn about the training?
> * How this training changed (if at all) your life?
> * Have you contributed to any upstream project(s)? If yes, then details.
> * Any tips for the next batch of participants.
>
> Feel free to add anything else you want to talk about.
>
> Kushal
> --
> Fedora Cloud Engineer
> CPython Core Developer
> http://kushaldas.in

Hello everyone :)

* My name is Arpita Roy, 4th Semester , Information Technology student
at Dr. B.C Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
blog - https://arpitarockx6.wordpress.com
github - https://github.com/Arpita1
IRC nick - Arpita

* I had been a member of dgplug for a long time, came to know about
the training from the members itself i.e from kushal and sayan.

* Suddenly i one day woke up and a miracle happened. This training has
been a boon to me. I learnt about many things i sparsely had knowledge
of. I missed few sessions but coped up too. I came real close to
technology. I feel so wonderful knowing so much new things and sharing
them with people as well. The training was a perfect meal for everyone
who was interested in learning something new. It helped me a lot. I
learnt about open source software, how to contribute to projects , how
to solve real life problems and the list never ends :)

* I had been a quite a lazy bone. I am working on a few simple
projects and writing python scripts that solves real life problems. I
am looking forward to contribute to open source software real soon.

* If you really want to dig in deeper, come and feel the sparks dgplug
will offer during the summer training. It will help you change your
life (you will have to work on it to) The bet platform where you can
get your wheels rolling :) Start from the beginning and see where you
reach at the end. A best place where you can learn to think outside
the box :)

Thankyou so much dgplug and it's members :)

Arpita Roy
West Bengal.