[dgplug-users] [SUMMERTRAINING] Watch a talk on "The Future of Programming"

Farhaan Bukhsh farhaan.bukhsh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 20:09:01 PDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Kushal Das <mail at kushaldas.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the link for the talk:
>
> https://vimeo.com/71278954
>
> After you watched the talk, please share your views in the this thread.

Okay first thing first I am huge fan of Bret, his ideas and his thought
process is crazy and out of the box.
For people who don't know about him check out his website[1]. The next
thing is he goes on to talk about
Alan Kay's ideas and the way he approached programming. The funny part is a
lot of us are good programmers but
we think that it is monotonous. Let me tell you programming is an art, the
way you think decides what kind of and what
quality of things you make.

I think we are very reluctant to evolve to accept new ideas, to fail. We
shouldn't be that and I like that about Bret he goes into
the depth of it. More over I love that fact the he started with 1963 and
was trying us to show the picture that we are still stuck back in time.

[1]: worrydream.com

--
Farhaan Bukhsh
Blog: https://farhaanbukhsh.wordpress.com/