[dgplug-users] How to Protect Yourself Against Spearphishing

Abhilash Raj maxking at asynchronous.in
Mon Nov 13 20:35:05 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017, at 08:29 PM, Kushal Das wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please read through the following link.
>
> https://thenib.com/how-to-protect-yourself-against-spearphishing

One of the easy things I do to protect myself from getting phished is
never click a URL given in an email to perform a task.

Like, instead of clicking on "Click here to update your billing details"
in an email from Paypal, I *always* open a new tab and go to
https://paypal.com and see if there is any need to perform any task.

Needs a little mental work to avoid the temptation to avoid a few
clicks, but usually works well!