[dgplug-users] IRC nick verification

Rahul Jha rahul722j at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 22:23:36 PDT 2019

Hi Kurian,

On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 at 09:38, Kurian Benoy via Users
<users at lists.dgplug.org> wrote:
> Is #dgplug channel now being able to be accessed only by users having
> their IRC nicknames registered? I had registered my nick, but not sure
> if it's really registered or not

Yes, that is indeed the case. It's called the 'r' mode. More
information here[0].
To check whether or not your nick is registered, try:

/msg nickserv identify YOUR_NICK YOUR_PASSWORD

Hope it helps!

Sincerely,
Rahul Jha

[0]: https://freenode.net/kb/answer/channelmodes

--
https://rj722.github.io

Third Year B.Tech Student
Department of Electronics Engineering
Zakir Husain College of Engineering & Technology
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh - 202002

GPG Fingerprint: C984 E9A2 D2E3 E581 4F3E  DB1E DD53 53EC 154B 6811