[dgplug-users] [Tax calculation RoR] @yevlempy, @chandana

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:32:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

--- On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 12:53 AM, chandana
boral<chandana.boral at gmail.com> wrote:
| I have started coding as you instructed ,
\--

I did not ask you to code (yet) for the tax-calculation notes. I only
asked you to go through it, and understand the formulae. What coding
have you done so far?

---
| In section A  and B all the values (a-l) will be supplied by the user?
\--

Yes, that is correct.

---
| In section E. less exemption under section 10
| 1.c. 40% of basic       HRA.Total   ,  but in section A we calculated
| HRA.Total
\--

We just use HRA.Total value for 1.c Total value.

---
| H. Less deduction under section 16
| from where we will get the value of PTax.Total
\--

It is there in Section B. Professional Tax total.

---
| L. Interest on housing loan under section 24
| we will supply all the values.
\--

Yes. I have just put three entries for three housing loans. If there
is one entry, there will be only one row.

---
| M.Deduction from where we will calculate?
\--

Those are input values.

---
| P. Total tax to be paid
| we will calculate the Surcharge value by 10% of taxable Income?
\--

Value is usually 0. The percentage mentioned is from the IT Act.

---
| In Edu. cess , the value of c will be 3%of(a+b), what is 'a'
| over here?
\--

Sorry, will update it. 'a' is the value of "Tax payable".

---
| In Q. Tax paid till date  the values a,b,c will be given by the user?
\--

Yes, that is correct.

1. Please don't top-post when you reply to an e-mail. Quote the
senders' content, and reply below it, as how I have done in this
e-mail.

2. In RoR, we generally don't do all the database changes in one
sprint, but, we build on it, with database migrations. I hope you have
practised enough Model, View, Controller examples for Rails, that you
can apply this Tax Calculation logic.

3. You need to create an account in gitorious.org. Have you done that?
You will also need to make a repository clone of:
http://gitorious.org/tax-free/mainline

through your account from the GUI. You will commit all your changes to
it. Please use the following in .gitignore for your project:

4. Please take the updated tax-calculation.notes (v1.2):
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/notes/tax-calculation.txt

As you write database migration files (ruby script/generate migration
NewDatabaseChange), you will test it, write Model validation test
cases, and then check it in to your repository clone.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com