[dgplug-users] [Ambassadors] B.C Roy Engineering College FAD report

sankarshan sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sun May 17 02:28:02 PDT 2009

I'll be a bit harsh, so, please bear with me.

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 2:50 PM, kishan goyal <fabhoneydew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I would say that this FAD has been quite successful. We set out
> with an aim to introduce the students to Fedora and the FOSS world and
> I would say that we have been quite successful in doing that.

Let me ask a question here - when someone is introduced to a subject
or topic, the ideal way to assess the impact of the introduction is to
have a 'test' or, 'set of questions'. I am fairly sure that what works
for academia, should work for FOSS/Fedora too. So, have there been
small tasks that were discussed ? For example, now that they have been
introduced to Fedora, jotting down their notes about how they make
things work viz. their network or something ?

> Among the participants, there were some new faces (~10).

How about the ones from the last FAD ? What have they been up to ?

> We plan to do a follow-up session soon (after the semester exams)  and
> the event has been really successful or not, I suppose, would be
> determined in the following few weeks to come.

The success of a meeting is not determined from how many folks recall
the order of speakers after a month, but, how many come up to the
speakers to ask how they can be of use.

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;