[dgplug-users] Articles for LINIT 2016

Satyajeet Kanetkar satyajeet at kanetkar.co.in
Wed Nov 4 08:55:16 PST 2015

On Wednesday 04 November 2015 07:06 PM, Drishti Agarwal wrote:
> Hey ,
>
> There are no such restrictions on the topic or the number of articles that
> can be submitted.
> I am sharing LINIT 2015 in the mail as an example for everybody.
> This year however, we are accepting simple tips, comics, tricks, jokes and
> everything else as well other than proper detailed articles.
>
> Linit 2015 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0JZYRSM8d_IWFE1eVR0U3hTcEU
>

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Ashwani Pandey <ashwani.pnd at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Drishti Agarwal <say2drishti at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> “Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording
>>> of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot
>>> inflame the minds of his audience.”
>>>
>>> Here Mr. Henry David Thoreau, has brilliantly enunciated the need of
>>> getting our thoughts registered at their very occurence. Need I say more
>>> about why is it absolutely essential for all of you to keep sending us
>>> your articles,tips, tricks,comic strips, epigrams as soon as possible ?
>>>
>>> LINIT acknowledges the contribution of every individual howsoever small
>>> may it be. This open source magazine is one of its kind and is a very strong
>>> platform to voice your opinions.
>>>
>>> Please mail your articles to "linit at nitdgplug.org" and earn a place in
>>> the extremely prestigious magazine "LINIT"-,presented by GNU/Linux Users'
>>> Group,NIT Durgapur.
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Drishti Agarwal
>>> Editor, LINIT 2016
>>>

>> What kind of articles can we submit? Any examples would be great!!

Just a small error I noticed while skimming through the LINIT 15 PDF.
The comic that appears on Page 6 is attributed to vladspears.com.
It's actually very popular xkcd comic by Randall Munroe.
You can see it's original version here: https://xkcd.com/303/ along with
the alt text.
I guess you could publish the proper attribution in the errata of your
next version.

--
~satyanash