[dgplug-users] A blogpost on software patents

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 22:16:26 PST 2016

Hi,

IANAL, and I know you are a lawyer. So, I shall try to reply from the
Free Software perspective.

--- On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Anwesha Sarkar
<anwesha.srkr at gmail.com> wrote:
| I started writing a series of blogposts about software patents.
\--

In the Free Software world, we do not accept patents for software.
Rather, it does not make sense for software. Some links at:

  http://shakthimaan.com/downloads.html#richard-stallman-danger-of-software-patents

Because some parts of the world have already committed themselves in
combining copyright, patents, and trademark under the umbrella of
"IP", people continue to file them for defensive purpose.

---
| I will be writing about different kinds of
| Free Software Licenses in future.
\--

This will be very helpful.

Thanks!