[dgplug-users] [SUMMERTRAINING] Creating useless things

Kushal Das mail at kushaldas.in
Wed Aug 9 23:51:30 PDT 2017

On 10/08/17, Gaurav Sitlani wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2017 11:23 AM, "Kushal Das" <mail at kushaldas.in> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Next video in the queue
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z16ew1iP_Eo

I am not sure how do you write emails, but the tool could not quote the
original mail properly.

> Nice Video , this time hope I'm sending this mail right as last one was a
> top post.
>
> People get a lot of ideas , whatever it is good or bad but sometimes they
> have a habit of over thinking and they don't really tend to implement their
> idea.
> The major thing I got to learn from this video is Never Give up and don't
> stop being creative.

Correct, and it becomes somewhat easier when you are only dealing with
code. A similar example can be all the small stupid code which we write
to learn how things work, or just to have fun with computers.

That also brings the point of writing and reading code regularly.

> I want to share a small experience.
> Please bear with me.
> It was a month back when I started planning for my final year project.
> I had got an idea of developing a software through which I can control the
> mouse pointer by my hand and perform normal mouse related operations.
> But just a day before my first technical review I saw an exact same project
> on github which was implemented in C++.
> I gave up , next day at the time of my review another group of my
> classmates who had heard of my idea added more functionality over it .
> Finally I faced a rejection that was because I gave up at that moment not
> because of the fact that someone performed better than me.
>
> Even my idea was not that good was actually something worth working on.
> If anyone faces a similar kind of situation (I hope you never have to)
> please don't give up just build what you want, for the fun part at least.
> That can help in boosting the confidence level and will develop a sense of
> accomplishment.
> My idea got rejected but anyway I'll build it .Please do suggest some
> functionality that I can add .

Release the initial code with documentation and a proper license first,
so that people can actually test and see what did you do. New features
can come later. Remember to release early and release often.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer