[dgplug-users] Python Literate Programming - 0 - Research

Jason Braganza jason at janusworx.com
Sat Aug 12 03:07:14 PDT 2017

As you folks well know, I need to up my programming skills or risk
falling behind in class

Sensing my discomfiture, mbuf & kushal have been really helpful.

Acting upon their advice I feel I need to be doing two things

- - Reading and writing code everyday
- - learning code in a manner that appeals to me

To that end, I’ve thrown myself into the deep end to learn “Literate
Programming.”
Learning to code by telling folks what it does and how it does it.
Writing is something I’ve had a bit of practice with, and if that helps
me program faster, so much the better for me!

These emails will be a series of updates as I make my way up the
programming ladder.

If you want to see how I’m doing at a glance, mbuf’s operation blue moon
page has the skinny. [1]

To start with I’ve watched a couple of videos on literate programming.
- - Method inventor Don Knuth gives a concise summary in [2]
- - Timothy Daly expounds on it. [3] Slides here [4] and a live example
here. [5]
- - And back to a slow, yet insightful talk by Knuth [6]

(On a personal note, see old, wise folks like Munger and Knuth, giving
these talks makes me feel so blessed that I get to see wisdom in action)

date started: 2017-08-12
date done:    2017-08-12
time taken:   4 hrs

[1]: